Saturday 30 August 2014

Just two problems with Google products

There's so much about Google and it's products that I really love. But this post is about two things that frustrate me. Now, maybe I've missed something and there are solutions to these problems. If that's the case, please comment to help me out! 

  • Firstly, when publishing android apps there is a really powerful and really cool developers console that provides a lot of statistics and helps to see how quickly different releases were taken up, and (equally interesting) how quickly older versions died out. But there is a problem with the graphics - it only lists app versions that still exist in the wild. So you see from my screen shot below, the graphic shows big holes at times when app versions that are no longer being used were adopted by my users. I want to see those now extinct releases in my graphs! 

  • Secondly, and completely unrelated to app development, is Google Play Music. I discovered recently that if you buy a track fro man album, and later want to buy the album, they still charge you full price!

No comments:

Post a Comment